WE’RE SO HAPPY YOU FOUND YOUR WAY TO OUR PROJECT.
The Vaishnavas CARE Website Provides Relevant Information Regularly Updated by Our Qualified Team of Medical Professionals.
It is only by kind and generous donors like YOU that we have been able to maintain our services to Lord Krishna’s devotees since we first began in 2000. We are an official, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization so please know that 100% of your contributions are tax-deductible. *Please know that 100% of your donations are used, first and foremost, for caring for sick and terminally ill devotees! As they face their final months, many unexpected financial expenses often arise, even when they have insurance or government medical assistance such as Medicare or Medicaid (in the United States).
- In addition, we are available for long-distance phone consultations, Skype meetings, and ongoing text and email support to patients and caregivers who need our assistance.
- Vaishnavas CARE endeavors to assist them at this very difficult time so out-of-pocket expenses can be kept to a minimum and financial anxieties are decreased for the patient as well as the family.
- Vaishnavas CARE provides regular in-person visits where our Volunteers and Vaishnavas CARE Teams are available.
- We are a resource for families, guiding them when acute and long-term care is required for family members and/or friends.
- We assist patients and family members when they are seeking hospice care for a terminally ill loved one.
- We are a team of many Vaishnava Volunteers around the world who include: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, a Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse, a Physical Therapist, a Licensed Ayurvedic Practitioner, and Licensed Social Workers/Counselors to assist, who can guide patients and families with their questions.
- Vaishnavas CARE provides emotional support and guidance when someone is in a crisis situation.
- We also present one to three-day Vaishnavas CARE seminars to educate those who wish to learn how to assist terminally ill loved ones, friends, and members of their Vaishnava communities. In this way, we teach the skills necessary to form local Vaishnavas CARE Teams throughout our ISKCON movement so community members are cared for in a knowledgable and supportive way.
- In addition, Vaishnavas CARE provides individual grief counseling and support before and after the loss of a loved one or friend.
- In addition, we offer a Distance Learning Course on our website entitled, “The Art of Caring for Vaishnavas.” (Information can be found on our Home page) so no matter where you live you can also be taught to render this valuable service in your community!
- To assist in this much-needed service of caring for the terminally ill, we offer a book called, The Final Journey — Complete Hospice Care for Departing Vaishnavas (Torchlight Publishing, Updated 2nd Edition), by Susan Pattinson, RN, Hospice Educator (Sangita Devi Dasi, ACBSP) which gives step-by-step advice on how to care for your family member or friend from the time of diagnosis until the moment of their departure from this world.
In addition, The Final Journey takes you beyond the departure and teaches the reader how to prepare the Vaishnava’s body for cremation, how to perform the “Ash Immersion Ceremony” (placing your loved one’s cremated ashes) in one of the sacred rivers in India, and how to perform a transcendental Memorial Service according to Srila Prabhupada’s instructions. This invaluable information has already assisted literally thousands of readers to feel confident when they were called upon to provide these services for someone they have cared for at the most important time in life. The Final Journey has assisted not just Vaishnavas but those of other spiritual beliefs. It has long been “mandatory reading” for staff members at a Catholic, in-patient Hospice facility in Central California (U.S.A.).
- Vaishnavas CARE offers a “Spiritual CARE Kit,” a beautifully packaged, one-of-a-kind box is filled with sacred articles to inspire and purify the terminally ill Vaishnava, especially at the time of departing from this world. Our Spiritual CARE Kits come with instructions on how to use each item for your loved one or friend. In addition, the inside cover of the artistically designed box (with a magnetic closure) opens to display a transcendental altar ready for worship. These Spiritual Care Kits are one-of-a-kind and are limited!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT OUR “STORE” PAGE ON THIS WEBSITE. THANK YOU!
Additionally, we are associated with the Bhaktivedanta Hospice in the Holy Dhama of Vrindavan, India,
a 40,000-square foot facility that provides inpatient, as well as home visits, for terminally ill Vaishnavas. On average, our medical staff provides free, in-home hospice care to over 200 patients and their families per month in Vrindavan and the surrounding villages. Our in-patient facility provides care for local residents, as well as devotees who travel there from the West to spend their final months in the Holy Dhama of Vrindavan.
Kindly “Contact Us” so we can answer your questions.
We are here to assist you!
PLEASE KNOW HOW MUCH WE APPRECIATE YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS MUCH-NEEDED CARE PROJECT SO WE CAN SERVE OUR WORLDWIDE FAMILY OF DEVOTEES.
WE WISH TO THANK THE FOLLOWING DONORS FOR THEIR KINDNESS AND GENEROSITY:
Dr. Acyuta Rupa Das, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Amitabha Krishna Das, Salisbury, Maryland (U.S.)
Kenneth Anderson, Bushey, England
Raj and Archana Arya, DNP, and Family, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Aravindaksa Das and Paurnamasi Devi Dasi and Family, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Arundhati Devi Dasi (ACBSP), New Paltz, New York
Atmarama Das, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Vathsala Asok (Philadelphia Vaishnavas CARE Volunteer), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Ashish Bhadra and Familya, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Christopher Beetle, Gainesville, Florida
Geetshri Bergaonkar, Plainsboro, New Jersey
Dominik Bletz, (Caitanya Doyal Das), Germany
Caitanya Dasi (ACBSP), Alachua, Florida
Dario Cangialosi, Palermo, Italy
Bhakta Charles Cangro, Philadelphia, Pennylvania
Caitanya Jivan Das (ACBSP), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Caitanya Purushottam Das
Tiffany Cooper, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dana-keli Devi Dasi, Arizona
Bram DeVreede, New York, New York
Dhira Krishna Das and Nikunja-vasini Devi Dasi, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Amratial Divani, London, England *MONTHLY DONOR
James Donadio, California *MONTHLY DONOR
Govindanandani Devi Dasi, Central New Jersey
Kishor Dongre, California *MONTHLY DONOR
Dina Daya Devi Dasi, NP, Nurse Midwife, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Doyal Govinda Das, Heppenheim, Germany
Drista Das (ACBSP) and Rudrani Devi Dasi, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Dronacarya Das and Family, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Drumila Das (ACBSP), New Orleans, Louisiana
Steve Dumma, Ashcroft, England
Ekavira Das and Vrajalila Devi Dasi, Gita nagari, Pennsylvania
John Fay and Krsna Chaitanya Devi Dasi, Snohomish, Washington
Nitya Fiorentino and Family, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Rankin Fisher (SOSC Bhakti School), St. John, Kansas
Blake Friis, Denver, Colorado
His Holiness Giriraj Swami, Carpinteria, California
Douglas Greenberg, Alachua, Florida
Gurudas and Family, Colorado *MONTHLY DONOR
Jahnava Devi Dasi, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Jagannatha Pandit Das and Cintamani Devi Dasi, Port Royal, Pennsylvania *MONTHLY DONOR
Jagannatha-priya Devi Dasi, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Janaki Devi Dasi, LSW, North Carolina (Vaishnavas CARE Volunteer)
Abhinav Jain, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Jaya Caitanya Das, Gainesville, Florida
April Lennon, Reno, Nevada
Venkata NM Lakkoj and Family, Perth, Australia
Sanjeev Nair, Mumbai, India
Joshi Milind, Bangalore, India
Jai Devaki Parks, Gita Nagari, Pennsylvania *MONTHLY DONOR
Jagdip Patel *MONTHLY DONOR
Janu Muni Das, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Kardama Muni Das (ACBSP), Alachua, Florida
Kamala Radha Devi Dasi, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Andreas Karthaus, Germany
Vankat and Surya Kolluru and Family, Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Rick Kovan, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Krishna Das (Chris Neo) and Family, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Krsnesvari Devi Dasi, (InBold Communications), California *MONTHLY DONOR
Krishna Kumar Das, Australia
Shyama Gori Devi Dasi, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Uttama Sloka Das, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Venkata N M Lakkoju & Family, Perth, Australia
Nikhil Narayan, Mysore, India
Lucero Ocampo, New Jersey
Shraddha Patel, Sandford, Florida
Patel Family, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Paurusa Dasa, Australia
David Peebles, Seville, Ohio
Marian Phillips, Moundsville, West Virginia
Manoj Regmi, M.D., Lovettsville, Virginia
Ni Luh Natih, Denpasar, Bali
Sangeeta Mataji, Juhu Beach, Mumbai
Satyavati Devi Dasi, RN, North Carolina
Savitri Devi Dasi, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pooja Sharma, San Jose, California
Sharma Family, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mr. and Mrs. Sharma and Family, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Sita Devi Dasi, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Ramana and Soumya and Family, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Jeffrey Solomon, Los Angeles, California
Ravikumar Sridaran, Thornton, Colorado
Aravinda Subramaniian, Nottingham, England
Tulasilata Devi Dasi, Santa Clara, California
Manoj Kumar Vadavat, Australia *MONTHLY DONOR
Vamanadeva Das (John Pattinson), Pennsylvania
Jeff and Rajani Watson, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dinuk Weerasinghe, United Kingdom
Bhakta William, Hillsborough, North Carolina
“We should always try to give service to the Vaishnavas.
Worshiping Krishna must be accompanied by service to His devotees.
Service to devotees is higher than service to Vishnu.”
You can choose to donate to Vaishnavas C.A.R.E. in one of two ways:
*Monthly Recurring Donation (from $1 to $101)
To become a Monthly Donor, please click on one of the Subscribe Buttons Below.
*One – Time Donation: To make a One-Time Donation to Vaishnavas CARE click on the Donate button below.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REGISTER FOR OUR ONLINE HOSPICE COURSE, KINDLY CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW TO DONATE YOUR ONE-TIME PAYMENT OF ONLY $51.00 AS PART OF THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AND TO RECEIVE YOUR COURSE MATERIALS. PLEASE BE SURE TO WRITE, “FOR ONLINE COURSE.” THANK YOU!
*Monthly Recurring Donation ($1 to $101): To make a Monthly Recurring Donation, click on one of the Subscribe buttons below:
|Donate $1 per month||Donate $5 per month||Donate $10 per month|
|Donate $21 per month||Donate $51 per month||Donate $101 per month|
All online donations are secured by Paypal Inc.
100% of your donations go directly to assist the sick and dying Vaishnavas in need, to educate and train our volunteers, and to the expansion of this much-needed program worldwide. Your kind donations are tax-deductible under our 501(c) (3) status.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !
We Wish You and Your Family Lord Krishna’s Blessings — now and always!