Please Join Us for our NEXT Vaishnavas CARE Seminar in Toronto, Canada
Where: ISKCON Toronto Temple
When: Saturday, May 16, 2020
Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Workbooks, Snacks and Lunch provided)
Our Toronto Vaishnavas CARE Team has grown to become the largest of our Vaishnavas CARE teams within North America. Presently, they have over 60 Volunteers! Team Leader Lalithapriya Devi Dasi, has invited Vaishnavas CARE Co-Founder and President, Sangita Devi Dasi, to return to ISKCON Toronto to present another Hospice Seminar entitled, “The Art of Caring for Vaishnavas” in order to train its newest members, as well as to encourage other congregational members to step forward and embrace this much-needed service within their large Toronto community. Another goal for this seminar will be to expand our services and to divide into THREE Vaishnavas CARE Teams who will not only serve our ISKCON Toronto congregation, but will also care for the devotees involved with the two preaching centers near Toronto.
Sangita Devi Dasi, a longtime Registered Nurse who specializes in Hospice and Palliative Care, will present an eight-hour, interactive seminar that teaches the following:
- Personal Awareness Exercise to discover childhood experiences with death & dying
- What Does It Mean to “Hold Space” for Someone?
- The Meaning of Hospice Care Today
- How Hospice Care Relates to Krishna Consciousness
- The Dying Devotee’s Bill of Rights
- Experiencing a Terminal Illness
- Communicating With One Who is Dying
- How our non-verbal actions speak volumes
- Srila Prabhupada and Holistic Care
- The 5 Stages of Loss and Grief
- What is Anticipatory Grief?”
- Spiritual Pain at the end of life
- The Importance of Confidentiality
- How Would You Feel?/What Would You Need?
- Normal Grief vs. Complicated Grief
- The 6th Stage of Grief
- *Supporting Those Who are Grieving
- How Can You Help in Your Community?
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!